The Fifith International Workshop on Nanocarbon Photonics and Optoelectronics (NPO2016) was held 1-6 August 2016 at the Holiday Club Saimaa, Imatra, Finland (http://www.holidayclubresorts.com/en/resorts/saimaa/). NPO2016 was devoted to advances in the field of nanocarbon photonics and optoelectronics and has attracted 112 scientists from arond the globe.
Both fundamental and application problems related to the photonic and optoelectronic applications of nanocarbon materials have recently attracted the attention of research community worldwide. The NPO2016 was the fifth workshop in a series of meetings devoted to progress in this field. The Workshop was focused on photonics and optoelectronics of graphene and other two-dimensional materials, topological insulators, carbon nanotubes and nanodiamonds. The subjects included were the following:
- Photonics and optoelectronics with graphene and carbon nanotubes
- Electronic properties of diamonds and nanodiamonds
- Nonlinear optics of graphene and other two-dimensional materials
- Light-induced currents in topological insulators
- Synthesis and characterization of nanocarbon materials