The NPO2022 conference publication will appear in a special issue of physica status solidi (b) – basic solid state physics. Guest Editors of the special issue are Alexander Obraztsov and Yuri Svirko. Workshop participants will be invited to contribute a topical Review (for invited speakers) or Research Article (for contributed presenters) manuscript.
All submitted manuscripts will undergo peer review. According to the editorial policy of pss, two positive recommendations by independent referees are a prerequisite of acceptance. Peer review and publication occur rapidly on individual manuscript basis. Published in Wiley Online Library Early View few weeks after acceptance, your article is citable immediately; hence there is no waiting for the remainder of the contributions. When all articles are complete, the topical section will be assembled in a regular monthly issue of pss (b). Such a clustering of related articles will raise the visibility of these articles significantly.
The physica status solidi journals are designed to reach a broad audience in the field of condensed matter and materials physics. pss is one of the largest and well-established publication platforms in solid state physics with more than 1000 articles per year – now over 60 years in business – and is widely accessible via Open Access and as part of many institutional site licenses, evidenced by close to one million article downloads annually
All submitted manuscripts will undergo peer review. According to the editorial policy of pss, two positive recommendations by independent referees are a prerequisite of acceptance. Peer review and publication occur rapidly on individual manuscript basis. Published in Wiley Online Library Âccepted Articles and Early View shortly after acceptance, your article is citable immediately; hence there is no waiting for the remainder of the contributions. When all articles are complete, the topical section will be assembled in a regular monthly issue of pss (b). Such a clustering of related articles will raise the visibility of these articles significantly.
Note that pss (b) is a hybrid Open Access (OA)/subscription journal. The Open Access option is compliant with national or funder mandates, supported by an ever increasing number of countries and institutions. For details see Wiley Author Services and contact email@example.com with questions.
Please refer to the author instructions available on the pss (b) homepage www.pss-b.com. These include Author Guidelines, optional Word template and LaTeX style files and the link to online submission through Editorial Manager. Please mention the special issue in your cover letter and select the appropriate topical section/category Nanocarbon Photonics and Optoelectronics during online submission to expedite handling. Topics may focus on photonics and optoelectronics of graphene and other two-dimensional materials, topological insulators, carbon nanotubes and nanodiamond.
Submission Deadline: January 10, 2023
Information on submissions:
Reviews should provide an overview of a current topic in the format of a topical review of about 10-12 (max. 15) journal pages. Due to this length restriction, a complete bibliographic overview on the existing literature cannot be expected, but referencing should be well-balanced. The manuscript should represent a snapshot of most recent progress, the state of research and particularly relevant aspects, with focus on the highlights and possibly open or controversially discussed questions. They are intended to inform an audience not immediately familiar with the specific topic. Original, previously unpublished results may also be included to a certain extent. certain extent.
Research Articles expose original and previously unpublished work of general interest to the community. Manuscripts do not have a strict length limit (typical lengths vary from 6 to 10 journal pages). Articles must fulfil the standards and requirements of the journal. Acceptance of a contribution for presentation at the workshop does not automatically include publication in the special issue.
The main criteria for consideration by pss (b) are:
- The importance, relevance, and novelty of the results match those expected for a regular journal paper.
- The general quality of the manuscript and the amount of information provided is appropriate for an international journal. Serial or incremental, pure self-referential and lab-report-style work is discouraged.
- Main results have not yet been published (also not in conference proceedings) and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Further benefits for pss authors include:
- No page charges or publication costs for authors of subscription articles, free online color
- Modern article formats (PDF, Enhanced PDF, HTML, Enhanced Article for mobile devices)
- Supporting information, e.g. additional data, figures, videos or animations can be published online
- Open Access option compliant with funder mandates and supported by many countries and institutions
- Author suggestions for journal cover figures or frontispiece pages, especially for Reviews
- Journal print issues, color reprints with cover page, posters etc. are available for purchase
- pss is indexed in Web of Science and all other major abstracting databases
- Promotion of selected content via web portals, e.g. advancedsciencenews.com, newsletters, and press releases
See recent related publication:
Nanocarbon Photonics and Optoelectronics
ed. A. N. Obratzsov
Phys. Status Solidi B 2019, 256, No. 9
Preface: DOI 10.1002/pssb.201900510, followed by articles including:
Zero-Energy Vortices in Dirac Materials (Feature Article)
Charles A. Downing, Mikhail E. Portnoi
Phys. Status Solidi B 2019, 256, 1800584
Presentation of Dr Gaia Tomasello at NPO2022 “Scientific publishing within the new “Open Science” world: how to write for high impact factor journals”