The Workshop is aimed at PhD students, post-doctoral and young researchers in the first instance. They will be able to establish direct contact both with leading scientists in the field of nanocarbon-based photonics and optoelectronics and with their colleagues from different counties.
The Workshop should become the first tutorial scientific meeting on this subject and is expected to attract the leading researchers working in the field of nanocarbon-based photonics and optoelectronics. Since the number of publications in this area is growing rapidly, we believe that this meeting will make a start of new regular event in the field of nanocarbon materials and nanophotonics.
The workshop consists of invited lectures, oral and poster presentations on different nanocarbon materials that will be distributed in four major modules:
- Optical Spectroscopy
- Electronic Properties
- Nonlinear Optics
- Electron Emission
- Dr. Brigitte Attal-Tretout (ONERA, Palaiseau, France)
- Prof. Werner Blau (Trinity College, Ireland)
- Dr. Andrea Ferrari (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Prof. Shinji Hayashi (Kobe University, Japan)
- Prof. Esko Kauppinen (Helsinki University of Technology, Finland)
- Prof. Philippe Lambin (University of Namur, Belgium)
- Prof. Serge Lefrant (Institut des Materiaux Jean Rouxel, Nantes, France)
- Dr. Annick Loiseau (ONERA, Chatillion, France)
- Prof. Sergey Maksimenko (Belarus State University, Belarus)
- Prof. Robert J. Nemanich (Arizona State University, USA)
- Prof. Alexander Obraztsov (University of Joensuu, Finland)
- Dr. Elena D. Obraztsova (A.M. Prokhorov General Physics Institute, Russia)
- Prof. Christian Thomsen (Technische Universität Berlin, Germany)
Time and Location
The Workshop will be conducted from 3 August to 9 August, 2008 at the Holiday center Huhmari, North Karelia, Finland (www.lomakeskushuhmari.com).
All participants of the Workshop will be accommodated in cottages.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at the restaurant of the holiday center.
|Registration and Abstract submission||April 16, 2008|
|Notification of Acceptance||April 18, 2008|
|Registration fee payment deadline||May 10, 2008|