NPO2020 Proceedings will be published in the special issue (no conference proceedings) of the Physica Status Solidi (b) – basic solid state physics. Guest Editors of the special issue are Esko Kauppinen, Alexander Obraztsov, and Yuri Svirko. Workshop participants will be invited to a Feature Article (topical review, for invited speakers) or Original Paper (for contributed presenters) manuscript.
The physica status solidi journals are designed to reach a broad audience in the field of condensed matter and materials physics. pss is one of the largest and well-established publication platforms in solid state physics with more than 1500 articles per year – now over 55 years in business – and is widely accessible as part of many institutional site licenses, evidenced by close to one million article downloads annually.
All submitted manuscripts will undergo peer review. According to the editorial policy of pss, two positive recommendations by independent referees are a prerequisite of acceptance. Peer review and publication occur rapidly on individual manuscript basis. Published in Wiley Online Library Early View few weeks after acceptance, your article is citable immediately; hence there is no waiting for the remainder of the contributions. When all articles are complete, the topical section will be assembled in a regular monthly issue of pss (b). Such a clustering of related articles will raise the visibility of these articles significantly.
Please refer to the author instructions available on pss-b homepage www.pss-b.com. These include Author Guidelines, optional Word template and LaTeX style files and the link to online submission through Editorial Manager. Please mention the special issue in your cover letter and select the appropriate topical section/category Nanocarbon Photonics and Optoelectronics during online submission to expedite handling. Topics may focus on photonics and optoelectronics of graphene and other two-dimensional materials, topological insulators, carbon nanotubes and nanodiamond.
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2020
Information on submissions:
Feature Articles should provide an overview of a current topic in the format of a topical review of about 10-12 (max. 15) journal pages. Due to this length restriction, a complete bibliographic overview on the existing literature cannot be expected, but referencing should be well-balanced. The manuscript should represent a snapshot of most recent progress, the state of research and particularly relevant aspects, with focus on the highlights and possibly open or controversially discussed questions. They are intended to inform an audience not immediately familiar with the specific topic. Original, previously unpublished results may also be included to a certain extent.
Original Papers expose original and previously unpublished work of general interest to the community. Manuscripts do not have a strict length limit (typical lengths vary from 6 to 10 journal pages). Articles must fulfil the standards and requirements of the journal. Acceptance of a contribution for presentation at the workshop does not automatically include publication in the special issue.
The main criteria for consideration by pss (b) are:
- The importance, relevance, and novelty of the results match those expected for a regular journal paper.
- The general quality of the manuscript and the amount of information provided is appropriate for an international journal. Serial or incremental, pure self-referential and lab-report-style work is discouraged.
- Main results have not yet been published (also not in conference proceedings) and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Further benefits for pss authors include:
- No page charges or publication costs for authors, free online colour
- Modern article formats (PDF, Enhanced PDF, HTML, Enhanced Article for mobile devices)
- Supporting information, e.g. additional data, figures, videos or animations can be published online
- Wiley OnlineOpen option compliant with funder mandates and supported by many institutions
- Author suggestions for journal cover figures or frontispiece pages, especially for Feature Articles
- The PDF file of the article will be provided as electronic reprint free of charge. Color print (at reduced rates for Feature Articles), journal issues, reprints with cover page, posters etc. are available for purchase
- pss is indexed in ISI Web of Science and all other major abstracting databases
- Promotion of selected content via web portals, e.g. advancedsciencenews.com, newsletters, and press releases